So these were last years resolutions – well I think goal might be a better expression – anyway here they are:New Year Resolutions
- Get weight down to as close to 12st by the end of 2013.
Well I kindda did it – actually I almost got to my goal of 10st – yes I managed to lose 3st in total. I’m rather pleased to say the least. Mind you Christmas was rather detrimental to the diet – however it all starts again on Friday – from 3lbs to go I now have 9lbs to get rid of 😦
- Do at least one jigsaw in the year – don’t leave it ’til Christmas
Again with the kindda – I finished the Jigsaw I started last Christmas and I’ve also finished the one I got for Christmas. I’ve started to do another Christmas one – I’ll be impressed if I finish it before Christmas ’14…
- Again don’t leave it ’til Christmas to bake (it’s fun!)
Ok again not exactly successful with this one and it was Christmas again before I really got baking – the Pudding was a success though
- Make a concerted effort to do housework
Meh! yeah we did and we almost had it nailed but life got away from us so must try harder…
- Try to concentrate more and read at least one book a month!
see response to no.4
- Finish a few of your crochet projects
Yup – started and finished a few things – rather pleased with that one. Although the Christmas blanket isn’t finished yet so hopefully we’ll have it done by Christmas ’14
- Try to blog everyday – even if it’s just a photo or a few words to say nothing happened today.
Well that didn’t happen did it!!
- Clear your desk in order to study some foreign languages
Desk was cleared every once in a while but never for long and as for the languages well I’m no further on now than when I originally wrote the intention.
- Speaking of language – try to cut down on the swearing please.
Yes I’ve tried to do this – when I say not successfully – I haven’t eradicated swearing completely but I have reduced it a fair bit!
- Don’t be afraid of pretty things – you are worth it too you know!
I’ve been using the pretty things! So yay!
- Make effort with letter writing and emails!
Again see response to no.4
- As you don’t exercise much please use the wii fit a bit this year.
HAHAHA! still not fit maybe this year – I’m such an optimist…
So what are the plans for 2014?
I kindda like last years so I’m going to try and keep them up/improve on/finally achieve them. I think I’ll add:
no. 6.5 and mention cross-stitch along with the crochet in no. 6
No.8 amended: instead of study languages – change to study.
no 13. – Photography – keep taking pictures!
Here’s a photo of this years Christmas Jigsaw: